Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime fails on connection

Hi,

Have been Facetiming my mum on her iPad without a hitch until yesterday, everytime we call, Facetime rings and then says connecting but within a few seconds it fails. We have tried, turning it off on both sides, we have tried restarting app, rebooting - still the same problem. HELP PLEASE???

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 1:30 AM

People have been reporting trouble with FaceTime for three days. I don't think there is anything you can do to your iPad to fix it.

14 replies

Apr 25, 2014 12:24 AM in response to Sharon Thompson

Hi Sharon. Thank you for the heads up. I am olanning to hold on a little longer. I had problems during my last upgrade, that is why now I dont like upgrading when things are already working fine for me. Apple Support release statement already to upgrade on Apr 24. I hope this is not the last word. Instead of fixing the bug and become The reliable Apple. Now they re becoming more like PC. At least PC is cheaper.

Jun 2, 2014 1:08 PM in response to Sharon Thompson

Just read the update from Apple re this problem and it appears that you must have IOS 7 in order to use Facetime now. This reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoys me as I do not want to update after having so many of my friends and co-workers tell me they were sorry they did. It is one of the reasons I got the Iphone5 and now I can't use it. Apple is losing credibility - too many problems with new OS, too many "new releases", too many times you lose an option that you have been using. Going to have to start looking at other phones.

Mar 4, 2015 3:54 AM in response to Sharon Thompson

What worked for me was the following:

1. Go to Facetime Preferences, press Sign Out

2. Go to your Home Folder, press Command I for information

3. At the bottom, in the Sharing and Permissions section, click on the lock to open

4. Choose your user name, make sure it says Read & Write, press the Gear icon and Choose "Apply to enclosed items ...". This takes awhile

5. Go back to Facetime preferences and log on

The issue seems to be related to access rights, as I was also having other problems like the Finder asking for passwords for certain tasks etc.

Facetime fails on connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.