Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OpenGL: Steam is reporting a lower version of OpenGL version than System Information

Hello,

MBP 7,1, 2.4gHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB DDR3 Ram, 750GB hard drive with version 10.9.2

I do know that 10.9 supports OpenGL version 3.3 so with 10.9.2 recently installed, I do expect *some* graphics improvement on games played on Steam game network. I'm not expecting miracles on a 4 years old MBP laptop that been through multiple OS upgrade so it was surprising to notice that on Steam's system information that it listed my machine with OpenGL v2.1 support, so I ran through the GPUTest (screenshot below) and it clearly show that this have native 3.3 support; with an apple support document clearly shows that this model with 3.3 support. Am I dreaming or this got to do with a Steam's inability to select the right profile for this machine?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thanks,

Tony

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,8 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 3:56 AM

There are no replies.

OpenGL: Steam is reporting a lower version of OpenGL version than System Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.