Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third Party Sample plug is sound out of tune in Logic X

Hi there:

I am using external libraries as plug ins with Logic X, and I am getting a few instruments sounding way out of tune. Initially I noticed it with the Vienna Symphonic Library, and now I am having the same problem with East/West smaples. What is the problem?

I made the clain to the support team at the Vienna Symphonic Library and they absolutely assure me that their samples are tuned at 440 Hz for A. I have managed the problem with Vienna Samples by tuning each instrument with my guitar tuner. But this is a serious nuisanse!

Today, I opened a project that I created in Logic 9 late last year, and many of the sounds from East/West were way out of tune! This is a disaster!

Can you advise what the problem could be?

I have a MacBook Pro from April 2010 withan i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM and an internal 1TB SSD for my third party sample instruments, with a Fireface 400 sound card,

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), LOgic X 10.0.6

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 5:39 AM

There are no replies.

Third Party Sample plug is sound out of tune in Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.