Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suddenly i tunes makes trouble on my iMac OS X

what is wrong with itunes, freezing always my iMac lately.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 7:47 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2014 10:09 AM in response to Ybocajul

Hey Ybocajul,

Thanks for the question. When troubleshooting iTunes on OS X, the following articles provide some of the best information:

iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3430

There are several ways in which an add-on can cause iTunes to act erratically, such as those listed below:

- Loss of iTunes functionality, such as the Visualizer.

- Distortion or irregularity in the iTunes interface.

- Slow performance.

- iTunes won't open or quits unexpectedly.

- You see an alert while syncing stating "... cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified."

If you notice any of the above symptoms or other unusual behavior, you can disable any plug-ins not manufactured by Apple by opening iTunes in Safe Mode. This is done by holding down the Option and Command keys (on Mac OS X) or holding down the Shift and Control keys (on Windows) while opening iTunes. If performed correctly, you should see the following dialog before iTunes finishes starting up:

User uploaded file

"iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

Isolating an issue by using another user account

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4053

Symptoms

When isolating issues and/or troubleshooting software issues in OS X, you might want to use a different user account. Learn how to use this technique to narrow down the cause of an issue.

Resolution

The issue at hand may simply be caused by a bad preference setting or user-specific data file. With proper isolation, you can avoid time-consuming and inappropriate troubleshooting methods.

Thanks,

Matt M.

suddenly i tunes makes trouble on my iMac OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.