Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of unwanted songs

I have only just begun using my iPhone 5 for music. When I play songs, there are songs there that my kids had downloaded on my iTunes account that turn up on my phone that I don't like and have no interest in hearing ever again. I would like to delete them permanently if possible, but I can find no way of doing it. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 8:20 AM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2014 6:46 AM in response to dhartz61

Hey dhartz61,

Thanks for the question. You can remove a song from your device by doing the following:

Remove a song from iPhone. Tap Songs, swipe the song, then tap Delete. The song is deleted from iPhone, but not from your iTunes library on your Mac or PC, or from iCloud.

via page 62 of the iPhone User Guide for iOS 7

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

If you have iOS 7, this will delete the song from local storage, but it may still appear with a cloud symbol in the next to it - this is called iTunes in the Cloud, where you can see your entire purchase history from your device.

To hide the iTunes in the Cloud purchases, navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store, and disable "Show All: Music"

Thanks,

Matt M.

Apr 27, 2014 12:11 AM in response to dhartz61

On your iPhone go to Settings>iTunes and App Store - turn off 'Automatic D/L - see if that helps.

From iTunes select your Device and then you can select the tunes you want to sync from the Music tab.

It might be time for the kids to have their own iTunes account and iTunes library so their tunes don't get into your iPhone. To create additional libraries hold down the 'option' key when launching iTunes and follow the dialogs.

MJ

How to get rid of unwanted songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.