Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting presentations in Keynote 5.3 into Keynote 6.2: How is this done while saving all the formatting?

Exporting presentations from Keynote 5.3 to Keynote 6.2: How is this done while saving all the formatting?

Hello community,

I've been using Keynote for years (version 5.3). Now that I've upgraded to version 6.2, my old presentations won't play. When I attempt to open them in the updated version, I lose all the formatting. Yikes! I have at least one hundred slides. Some are painstakingly complex. Is there anyway to export 5.3 version slides/presentations into 6.2 version keynote and preserve the fomatting?

Much appreciated,

mpirtle

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Also use MacbookPro OSX 10.9.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 12:56 PM

The consensus is to use 5.3 for existing presentations and use 6.2 for new presentations.

7 replies

Apr 20, 2014 1:36 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Hello again Gary,

There is one other issue as well. When creating new presentations, often I like to use some of my old 5.3 slides. I like to mix them into new presentations depending on the topic. So I guess what you're saying is that I won't be able to do that. Rather, my only option is to make each slide anew when using 6.2. ???

I appreciate your advice,

mpirtle

Exporting presentations in Keynote 5.3 into Keynote 6.2: How is this done while saving all the formatting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.