Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to iPhoto '11

I have iWork '09 on DVD, but did not get around to installing it before upgrading to Mavericks. I understand there is a free upgrade of iPhoto to iPhoto '11 for those who own iWork '09. Is there a way I can get there or do I need to buy iPhoto '11? Thx.

iMac (late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 5:17 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2014 7:30 PM in response to LarryHN

It was in an earlier Discussion:

"If you don’t own iLife '11 or iWork ’09 apps (or v1 iOS apps), or own older Mac versions: On the iLife side, you’ll have to buy iMovie and iPhoto at full price ($15 or $5, depending on platform). GarageBand is free for everyone to download, though the app does offer in-app purchases. Apple’s iWork apps are each $20 for the Mac, $10 on the iPhone or iPad." -- Terence Devlin Nov 12, 2013, in

Apple Support Communities > iLife > iPhoto for Mac > Discussions >iPhoto Mavericks Not Free??

But in re-reading the Macworld article he referenced, I believe it is probably only iLife owners who can upgrade iPhoto free.

Upgrade to iPhoto '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.