Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to reinstall pages on Lion OS and others apps like iPhoto and iMovie, but app store doesn't let me download them because of new version software released which is not compatible with mine "old" OS (10.7)

Hi everyone!

As mentioned above, I need your help!

I've formatted my OS and I came up with this issue...

I bought pages time ago and it's present in the "Purchases" section in app store of course, but when I try to download it I get this message:

""can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because Mac OS X version 10.9 or later is required""

same problem with Imovie and Iphoto...Any solutions?/suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 5:33 PM

Not at this point. The Mac App Store and the iTunes App Store only have the most recent versions available for sale and/or redownload. Apple constantly informs folks who buy content from either store to backup up their purchases as there is no guarantee that the apps will be available in the future.

3 replies

Apr 20, 2014 5:48 PM in response to Dah•veed

Thank you for reply

nobody has informed me, I didn't know it =( .. I can't see why I should not still get the version I purchased and why apple should not let me do that or at least make new versions softwares compatibles with older OS. That *****

I have to admit anyway, that i moved back to Lion OS several months after I were migrated to Mavericks and got the new version of Pages..

Apr 20, 2014 6:12 PM in response to salvodp

Every time that you buy anything from the Mac App Store or the iTunes stores on a Mac or iOS device, you recieve an emailed receipt for the purchase. Every receipt has a direct link to the Terms of Use of the content and the stores from which you make the purchases. Throughout those Terms you are informed that Apple is not responcible for the content that you purchase that you should guard it and back it up.

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

I have to reinstall pages on Lion OS and others apps like iPhoto and iMovie, but app store doesn't let me download them because of new version software released which is not compatible with mine "old" OS (10.7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.