Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not sync new media & is stuck on last step.

I'm on an iMac, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

My iTunes is up-to-date (11.1.5) as of 4/10/14.

I'm using an iPod touch, 5th generation and I've had it for over a year. It's running iOS 7.1, never been jailbroken.

I've never had a problem syncronizing my iPod through iTunes, until iTunes 11 and especially after iOS 7. I recently added some new music to my library, which is rather quite large (4500+ songs). I went to sync my new media, through Wi-Fi, and it skipped right on through all the steps fairly quickly, without adding my new songs. And if that weren't enough, it's always stuck on the last step, via lightning cable or Wi-Fi-sync. I have iTunes automatically back up my iPod to my computer before a tethered sync, and the only options enabled are to sync over Wi-Fi & to convert higher bit rate songs to 192 kbps (AAC).

I've tried EVERYTHING. If someone has a new idea, please. I'm down for anything. This is severely ******* me off & music is really important in my life. I need my music on-the-go. If anybody needs additional information, I'll be glad to share it.

Thanks,

BioshockSplice

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 6:09 PM

1 reply

iTunes will not sync new media & is stuck on last step.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.