Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix this error, Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Modal session requires modal window'?

I have been trying to start up my Batman: Arkham City game recently and it says that it cannot open and gives me this error;

"Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistancyException', reason: 'Model session requires model window'"

I have played the game for about 13 hours before this error started to pop up and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix it. Any information would be greatly appreaciated.

MacBook Pro, Other OS, Version 10.9.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 10:52 PM

Yesterday I had the same problem.

I installed the game and played for five hours with no problem but in the last execution my iMac show me that error. I tried to uninstall and install the game again but always show me the error. I did the same with the Steam client with no solution.

Finally I fixed the error deleting a folder.

Go to Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/com.feralinteractive.bmac

and delete the folder named "com.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data"

Try to launch the game again.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2014 10:52 PM in response to Junior Johnson

Yesterday I had the same problem.

I installed the game and played for five hours with no problem but in the last execution my iMac show me that error. I tried to uninstall and install the game again but always show me the error. I did the same with the Steam client with no solution.

Finally I fixed the error deleting a folder.

Go to Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/com.feralinteractive.bmac

and delete the folder named "com.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data"

Try to launch the game again.

Good luck.

How do I fix this error, Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Modal session requires modal window'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.