Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 10.0.2 is filled with bugs. I just tried to install a "jam" pack and nothing updated in my GB. Now what?

Purchased the 'new sounds available in GB'. After taking hours to download and install (that was a joke and it took two attempts) when I tried to go use what I thought I installed...it was not there. I take it I am not the only one having this problem since I have seen quite a bit of folks reporting the same thing.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 7:47 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2014 11:27 PM in response to Community User

when I tried to go use what I thought I installed...it was not there.

The new content will only show, when you select the right kind of track or disable the filters on the loop browser.

Have you compared the number of instruments and loops you are now seeing?

Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

You should now be seeing 2000 loops, with all filters in the loop browser disabled and the preference "Filter for more relevant content" disabled. Check these filters:

User uploaded file

And if you create a drum track, there should be 15 drummers to select from, not only Kyle.

User uploaded file

If the new cntent really did not install, check this document:

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unable to complete in-app purchase

GarageBand 10.0.2 is filled with bugs. I just tried to install a "jam" pack and nothing updated in my GB. Now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.