You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change thumbnail for iMovie project file

How does one change the thumbnail for imovie project file so after exporting it doesn't end up with a random crappy picture?

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2017 1:50 PM

I want to change the display photo on all of my projects on the iMovie (v10.1.4) menu page but that technique in the YouTube video doesn't seem to work for that. Please let me know if I am doing it wrong.

7 replies

Dec 8, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Supaxiro

iMovie uses the frame that is exactly in the centre of the time line. If your movie is 5 minutes long the frame that is at 2 minutes 30 seconds is the one that will be used for the thumbnail. You can adjust this by rearranging the photos or clips or adjusting the duration of them. You will have to share/save the project back to the theatre for the thumbnail to change.

Dec 8, 2015 10:53 AM in response to GeeD

iMovie uses the frame that is exactly in the centre of the time line. If your movie is 5 minutes long the frame that is at 2 minutes 30 seconds is the one that will be used for the thumbnail. You can adjust this by rearranging the photos or clips or adjusting the duration of them. You will have to share/save the project back to the theatre for the thumbnail to change.

how do i change thumbnail for iMovie project file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.