Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id

Is my apple id common to all apps such as facetime, app store, itunes etc

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 11:37 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2014 7:23 AM in response to prkc1943

It can be and ideally it should be, but there are folks with the unwieldy situations of having multiple Apple IDs that have been created at different times for whatever reason and they do a balancing act with having assigned different Apple IDs to different situations.

Some of this is Apple's doing. They have given folks trial accounts to try different services offered by Apple in the past that involved creating an Apple ID that is associated with some apps or accounts and then later they created another Apple ID to test trial a new service offered by Apple. I ended up with two valid Apple IDs in just this way and I use one for the iTunes stores, the Mac App Store and iCloud associated services and the other for my account in the Apple Store, my account here in the ASC as well as some other Apple programs in which I participate.

apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.