Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2009 MacBook Pro 17' 2.66GHz Intel Duo boots but screen turns blue with three white lines

Hey there, I recently purchased a significatly water damaged MacBook Pro, and have recently got it to start up. Right now I have it charging and everytime i hit the power button it will pretend like its booting and show the apple sign and make the chime but once the little circle underneath the apple start to spin for a little bit the entire screen goes blue and has three white lines go across the screen starting from the left to the middle to the right of the screen. Now with knowing how to repair machienes i was wondering what would the symptom be for making it boot only so far before making the screen go blue with the white lines so i can attempt to repair what is wrong. Also, once it's downloaded on my other MacBook Pro, I'm gonna pull the hard drive and connect it externally to my other pro and reinstall Mavericks as well.

MacBook Pro, 2009 17' 2.66GHz 320gb, 2gb ram

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 11:38 PM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2014 2:03 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Well i guess i should've had a longer explanition than i had to make it a bit less confusing. But initally i didn't remove the heatsink because i didn't wanna re do the thermal paste. But i than later decided that I should because the device had sustainted significant water damage.(It even has some slight rusting to the housing internally.) And than removal of the heatsink revealed corrosion that i hadn't seen from first looks.

2009 MacBook Pro 17' 2.66GHz Intel Duo boots but screen turns blue with three white lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.