Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV can't find network which is very present and strong

my very present wireless network - which is strong on my laptop, iPad and iPhone - just dropped off the face of the earth last night in the middle if a show on the Apple TV. Every other device, even those much further away than the Apple TV device which is well within 15 feet

I've restarted many many many times:

1. Modem - Router

2. Apple TV device

3. dis-connecting all wires and reconnecting

also . . . the Apple TV device will never Upgrade, it always fails to upgrade

wassup?

Bob Hannan

Apple TV, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 4:01 AM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2014 4:06 AM in response to freezerbeef

Welcome to the Apple Community.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Apr 21, 2014 5:00 AM in response to freezerbeef

Hello,

Can you access You Tube from the Apple TV? If you can then I would say you do not have a network issue.

There appears to be a worldwide problem with Aple TV's accessing iTune Store. Refer to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6099057?start=0&tstart=0 for more details.

I hope you only have the same problem as the rest of us and nothing more serious.

Apr 21, 2014 6:00 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hello Sir Winston,

With the greated respect, the thread I directed freezerbeef to was started by a ATV 3 user (IrvBd) plus with all this chaos that ATV users are having I though my suggestion was a good one. And I also note that freezerbeef did not state which model s/he is using.

Also HT3180 appears to be a ATV 1 support page.

Must add there is lots of unhappy ATV users out there this weekend!

I hope you can get Apple sorted on this one, there seems to be much hysteria re. ATV, disgruntled users worried that they are about to be shut out.

I am sure that is not going to happen yet.

PS. Apologies for my typo. in original reply.

Apr 21, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Nothing like going off on a tangent.

Correct on the iTunes Store rather than network. I was hoping to see if the OP could access You Tube to see if network was working.

I'm old fashioned and look for the simple answers. I remember the urban myth about the phone support guy who spent a long time with a user who could not get the computer to work, only to find that the user had no power at the time.

I notice the OP has been a little quiet, may be s/he is ok now their internet connection is working, and the email got sent.

I'd keep quiet about your ATV working if I were you, although I suspect that you may lose your connection if you were to reboot, but anyway that is only my theory.

Apr 21, 2014 6:36 AM in response to StretchST1100

I Updated one of my Apple TVs an hour (effective reboot) ago and had no issues, the iTunes Store issue only affects the Apple TV 1, anyone with issues on later models is experiencing a different problem. I believe the OP's issue is their network or maybe a failed wifi chip, there were a small batch of Apple TV's that had a problem with the chip.

Apple TV can't find network which is very present and strong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.