Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my iCloud username on my iPhone and iPad if I don't know the password?

I had to reset my apple ID and password due to a devorce. Now I can't change my iCloud username on my iPad or iPhone. I use iCloud for my calendar and notes so it makes it easyer when they all just sync. I tried deleting the accout just to start from scratch, but i have to enter my old password for my old apple id username. I have tried every password i know, but nothing worked.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 8:44 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2014 8:46 AM in response to hmcc2011

If you don't know the password to your iCloud account, you can't change the account settings on the iPad or iPhone. You'll need to recover that account.

https://iforgot.apple.com

If you are unable to reclaim your account, you will need to call Apple Support, ask to speak with Account Security, and work with them to recover your account.

Regards.

Apr 21, 2014 8:51 AM in response to hmcc2011

Hi hmcc,

If you changed your Apple ID (rather than creating a new one), and your issue is that the old ID is still signed on to iCloud then you need to do the following:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID and change your Apple ID back to the old ID (this is temporary - do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password): Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud, scroll to the bottom, and click on Delete Account. When asked, type in your current password, then follow the prompts to delete the account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and change the ID back to the new ID (you may have to verify this again)

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign on to iCloud with your current Apple/iCloud ID

Cheers,

GB

How do I change my iCloud username on my iPhone and iPad if I don't know the password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.