Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help .. Keynote to pdf

I always upload my keynote to PDF, but now the images are showing in the wrong places. So where one image should be a different one is showing .. Is anyone else got this problem .. And is it a keynote or PDF problem ... Urgently need to get my file in as a PDF

Thanking you in advance for any advice ...

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 4:16 AM

Try a comparison test; exporting from Keynote and using; File > Print > PDF > Save as PDF:

User uploaded file

9 replies

Apr 22, 2014 4:44 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Tried that ..but it leaves a margin around the page .. As I use keynote for an online magazine cannot have the margin... I have found if I save at best .. Biggest setting it is good .. But well over my 100mb for the e publication ..

Have tried reducing the file size in preview.. But it reduces too far.. So have fired up my 2007 iMac and reduced the file size in the Adobe PDF files.

Thank you for your help

I have been able to save to PDF in the smallest size last month !!!!!!! With out mixing up images ... Latest update seems to have caused this problem .. I think

Jul 8, 2014 6:31 AM in response to charliefromelgin

Will there be a new keynote that works in the new operating system out at the end of the year ?

Keynote is working correctly exporting PDF files just now.

Which version of Keynote and Mac OS are you using.?

Using Keynote 6.2 and Mavericks, all of my clients (over one hundred of them) do not have this issue.

As you can see below, a PDF exported from Keynote; the PDF shows the full image with a 3 pt red border around the edge of the slide (top)

Keynote showing the full slide (bottom)

Try deleting Keynote, empty the trash then installing from Mac Store.

User uploaded file

Jul 8, 2014 7:33 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary ...

IF i if I only export twenty or so pages it's fine .. But I am exporting 130 pages and about 20 pages have images mixed up ... I have had apple look at my files and still not fixed ... I may try reinstalling .. But it happens in my mac book pro the same as the 27" iMac .. It's ok on my old iMac but that has pro Adobe PDF maker on it.

They are all using the latest keynote with the updated maverick ..

History and trash are emptied every day.

Jul 8, 2014 3:20 PM in response to charliefromelgin

From past posts, more problems are detected using MacBooks than with desktop machines.

I have no problem creating a 320 page PDF from Keynote.

You could try this repair for Keynote 6.2, ensure you complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote, using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update, its a freeware application

empty the trash: Finder > Empty Trash

Shut down your Mac, wait 30 seconds, then power on the Mac, immediately after the start chime, hold down the Shift key

When you see the grey Apple symbol and progress indicator (a spinning gear), release the Shift key.

If you are prompted to log in, type your password, then hold down the Shift key again as you click Log in.

Let the Mac fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

when complete, restart the Mac normally, Apple menu > Restart

install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Help .. Keynote to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.