Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless or Bluetooth Speakers?...

Any suggestions for a wireless or bluetooth speaker?.....don't wanna have all those wires hanging around....

MacBook

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 12:31 AM

11 replies

Aug 23, 2006 2:04 AM in response to yellowman0916

Amazing, you actually want me to help you out after you have demonstrated that you are obviously a pretty rude individual.. I have been looking at your other posts, and *** seems to be an integral part of your vocabulary...

Well, as I am not at all like you, I will elaborate.

1. Take the airport express out of the box.
2. Plug the airport express into the wall (mains power supply)
3. Run the Airport Express set up assistant
4. Create your wireless network
5. Using the appropriate cable, connect your airport to your existing hifi
6. Turn on your amp
7. Select the appropriate input
8. Run itunes and select the required song
9. In iTunes, change the output to the airport instead of the computer.

And hey presto, you have a wireless music system... My 8 year old daughter managed to do it, so I am sure you will not struggle. It is all there on the website, you just have to look...

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

Aug 23, 2006 7:54 AM in response to yellowman0916

"You could use an Airport Express..."..wow, that was
really helpful!!...do you know the word um...what's
was it.....um..............ELABORATE ?..............

I'm curious. Is your speech command program growing non-responsive? check with apple just to be sure its not you.

actually, Im glad the subject of wireless speakers came up, that would be so awesome to connect the bose or JBL's to an airport base station. despite your malevolent disposition, i thank you for bringing up the subject.

Aug 23, 2006 2:36 PM in response to yellowman0916

yeah good job David! (and sorry for the sarcastic remarks...I was having a bad day...my fault...).. tnx for the info. but I already have a netgear wireless router....if I connect the airport extreme to the router, will my MB connect to the airport extreme, or the router to go online???...I would imagine the setup would be of something like this...?

GOing Online(wireless) ------> have MB connect to router
Printing or listening to Music(wireless)--->airport extreme

I think the setup could run even w/o the router, having the modem connect straight to the airport extreme, but the airport extreme has only one ethernet output..or does it have more?

Aug 25, 2006 8:05 AM in response to yellowman0916

You can acually use the Airport Express to extend the range of your existing wireless network as I have. I have a wireless router... Netgear, and two airport expresses. You can tell the setup assistant to extend the range of an existing network and it does it all for you.

That way my whole house is covered with no black spots, and I can select if the music comes out of one airport, both or none.

This gives you good wireless, good security and music whereever you are.

Not only that, you can use the spare ethernet ports in in the airport expresses to plug into other PC's that have not got wireless.. and hey presto, they are on the net too.

David

Wireless or Bluetooth Speakers?...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.