Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to update iTunes but according to my Mac there is no update.

Every time my Macbook Pro says there is a update for iTunes I ignore it. But because I'm getting a iPhone 5s I decided to back up my iPhone 4 with iTunes (everyone tells me to since I apparently wont be able to look at my old texts messages on the 4 when I go to the 5s), I go to the 'Software Update...' and it says nothing is needed to update even though I know iTunes needs to be updated. So I go to iTunes and it says it needs to be updated (11.1.5). I click download and the Software Update comes up and says nothing needs to be updated. Is something going on with iTunes or is it because I kept on ignoring the update?

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 10:41 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2014 10:50 AM in response to jenniferfrombayonne

Get more information about your computer. Go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac". Write down what it says about "version"and report that here. Now continue to "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

It may be you are running an old operating system and iTunes is up to date as far as that system goes but isn't up to date as far as the current version goes. Before buying an iPhone 5 make sure you can run the newest version. Once we know more about your computer we can advise as far as updates and upgrades go.

Software update, upgrade--what's the difference? - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1444

I have to update iTunes but according to my Mac there is no update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.