Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I spilled green tea over my macbook pro.

Okay, today I spilled a whole cup of green tea over my macbook pro keyboard and trackpad. Without sugar haha, it was neither hot nor cold. Computer was turned on, I immediately turned it off, placed it upside down and wiped out all the liquid I could. Then I took out the battery, wiped it clean and used vacuum cleaner to dry anything else that might have been inside. There was tea under the battery however it didnt look like it came into the logic board. I dont know. I waited for several hours and then turned it back on. It works better than it has ever before, it is really fast, trackpad works, all the keys work etc.

The condition of battery is ''normal'' and it charges normally as well.

Should I be afraid for the future?

I cried enough today because of my extreme stupidy and uncarefulness so try to be nice haha. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the responses.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 11:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2014 11:20 AM in response to yoo271

As much as I'd like to say that, if the computer restarted you'll be fine, I can't The fact that you turned it back on without giving it a long time (days to a a week depending on your climate) could have blown something right away; sounds like you lucked out on that one. Also many drinks have a mild acid content that, over time will corrode electrical connections. Don't know about green tea's acidity. It is supposed to be healthy but probably not inside a computer.

I would stop using the computer for several days. If it continues to work, keep using it until it dies, but start saving for another computer now. The odds of the spill killing the computer sooner than later are, sadly, historically NOT in your favor.

Your only finacial option comes if you have homeowners'/renters' insurance. Most policies cover accidental damage to consumer electronics, subject to the usual deductible, of course.

I spilled green tea over my macbook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.