Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to switch on my Ipod while charging

Do I need to switch on my Ipod while charging?

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012)

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 11:57 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 10:14 AM in response to dxberic

Hello dxberic,

Your iPod shuffle does not need to be turned on when charging. Use these steps to charge your iPod shuffle:

For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation)

To charge the battery using your computer:

iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation) comes with a (45 mm) USB connector cable. A longer cable (1 m) is available from the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers.

1. Connect the iPod shuffle USB cable connector into a high-power USB port on your computer.
    Note: To charge an iPod shuffle battery, connect the device to a high-power USB port. Please be aware that USB keyboards and non-powered USB hubs generally do not have high-power USB ports. If you connect to a low or non-powered port, iPod shuffle will not charge.
  2. The computer must be turned on and set to not go to sleep.
  3. Plug the other end of the iPod shuffle USB Cable into the headphone port on the iPod shuffle.
  4. Verify the iPod shuffle is connected securely.

Once the iPod shuffle is plugged in, it will take about 2 hours to charge the battery to 80% capacity and about 3 hours to charge it to 100%. Find out how to check the battery charge here. For information on status lights while connected, click here.

Note: The computer must be turned on and set to not go to sleep or hibernate.

To charge the battery using an iPod USB Power Adapter:

1. Connect the AC plug adapter to the power adapter (they might already be connected).
  2. Plug the USB connector of the iPod shuffle USB Cable into the power adapter.
  3. Plug the power adapter into a working electrical outlet.
  4. Connect the iPod shuffle to the iPod shuffle USB Cable.
  5. Verify the iPod shuffle is connected securely.

iPod shuffle: How to charge the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1477

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Do I need to switch on my Ipod while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.