Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 is flashing with the apple logo. Plz help

I got put my phone and it was pitch black. I thought the battery was dead but the last time I used it witch was about 2 hours ago, it had 60%. Either way I plugged it in when I got home. It started flashing back and forth between the apple logo and a black screen. I tried my dad's charger and the same thing happened. I plugged it into iTunes and it didn't detect it. I watched a few YouTube videos and I finally got it to detect and it made me restore it and it said that all my data would be erased so now my phone is still crashing and the data is erased. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 12:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 7:47 AM in response to Kate3212

Hello Kate,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with your iPhone 5.

I recommend following steps 2-6 below for an issue like this:

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
  2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.
  3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on),reset your device.
  4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
    1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
    2. Let charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
    3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
    4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged.
  5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  6. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

You can find the full article here:

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

If you get to step 5, I recommend backing up your iPhone before performing the restore:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

iPhone 5 is flashing with the apple logo. Plz help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.