Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Airport Utility (6.3.2) to see my Apple Extreme ("g"; firmware 5.7)?

Airport Utility (6.3.2) running OS10 (10.9.2) does not support my Apple Extreme ("g"; firmware 5.7) therefore cannot update firmware. How do I fix it?

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 1:51 PM

Apple has not offered any firmware updates for the AirPort Extreme since January of 2006. Firmware 5.7 is the most recent and up to date version for the older AirPort, so no need to "update" firmware.

To be able to administer the older AirPort, you will need to use....or borrow for a few minutes..... a Mac running Leopard (10.5.x), Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or a PC that has a 5.x version of AirPort Utillty installed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2014 1:51 PM in response to JH1505

Apple has not offered any firmware updates for the AirPort Extreme since January of 2006. Firmware 5.7 is the most recent and up to date version for the older AirPort, so no need to "update" firmware.

To be able to administer the older AirPort, you will need to use....or borrow for a few minutes..... a Mac running Leopard (10.5.x), Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or a PC that has a 5.x version of AirPort Utillty installed.

How do I get Airport Utility (6.3.2) to see my Apple Extreme ("g"; firmware 5.7)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.