Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic extra content, where is it?

Hi there, I'm a very new logic user (and fairly new to macs), so bear with me...... I have recently installed the extra content but nothing appears in the loop browser and I can't find what was installed anywhere.

There didn't seem to be any choice as to where the content was installed and no documentation as to what this 'content' actually is.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I did search the forum for similar posts but I didn't come up with anything.

Thanks for your help.

powerbook Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 2:54 AM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2006 4:06 AM in response to aliensong

The xtra content consists of sample content, EXS instruments ad lots of other stuff.

In the EXS24, you should be able to select from a huge library of stuff, including all the Extreme Analog and Extreme Digital sample libraries.

You also get a ton of content in the channel strips, which are easily missed, so take a look at those.

As for the Garageband stuff, I'm not sure offhand whether it includes extra stuff, or whether it's just the core Garageband library (I deleted Garageband and all the content as I don't use it).

Aug 23, 2006 6:11 PM in response to aliensong

With Logic open, go to the "Windows" Menu,
choose "Project Manager".
Under "Functions" choose "Expanded Scan".
Logic will locate the audio files and/or samples,
EXS24 instruments, Plug-Ins, Movie and Song files.
To make sure you've found all your Apple Loops,
in the Logic Audio menu, open Loop Browser...,
find your loops in the Finder: HD/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops.
You can then drag the Loop collection folders
and drop them onto the Loop Browser in Logic.
Choose "Show All" in the Loop Browser drop-down box,
hit "Reset" and you should have them.

Logic extra content, where is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.