Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod shuffle 2nd generation won't charge. What can I do?

My ipod shuffle (2nd generation) won't charge. What can I do? I have not used it in over a year.

iPod shuffle, 2nd generation

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 3:41 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 11:42 AM in response to MrsCrank

Hey there MrsCrank,

It sounds like your iPod Shuffle isn't charging. Try charging it with the wall charger outlined in this aricle:

iPod shuffle: How to charge the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1477

To charge the battery using an iPod USB Power Adapter:

1. Connect the AC plug adapter to the power adapter (they might already be connected).
  2. Plug the USB connector of the iPod shuffle USB Cable into the power adapter.
  3. Plug the power adapter into a working electrical outlet.
  4. Connect the iPod shuffle to the iPod shuffle USB Cable.
  5. Verify the iPod shuffle is connected securely.

User uploaded file

1. Apple USB Power Adapter (your adapter may look different)
  2. iPod shuffle USB cable

If it still will not charge, I would try resetting it:

Resetting iPod shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

1. Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).
  2. Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible
    User uploaded file
    2nd generation
  3. Wait five seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait ten seconds.
  4. Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).

iPod shuffle is now reset. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

My iPod shuffle 2nd generation won't charge. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.