Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital SLR with macbook

ok so heres the situation. im very into photography and right now im in the dark ages using film, other then my small 7.2 megapixel sony cybershot. anyway im looking into getting a new camera and ive decided to go with a digital SLR but im not sure hwat cameras would work well with my macbook. right now im looking at the nikon D series or the canon 30D or something in that range. has anyone had any experience running these cameras or any digital slr's with their macbook??
thanks

White MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 4:22 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2006 8:10 AM in response to eythandamico

I use the Canon 300D (older model Rebel) with my MacBook. It works flawlessly. I do use a FireWire card reader because it's so much faster than USB through the camera itself. But I have in a pinch just hooked the camera straight to the MacBook and it's recognized and transfers perfectly. I would assume the new Canon's would work just as well.

Aug 23, 2006 8:49 AM in response to eythandamico

I use the Canon EOS Kiss Digital N, which in the US is the Rebel XT or something. I also use an external card reader, and the MacBook works fine with the camera.

I also use Adobe Lightroom and Photo Elements 4.0 to process and manage the photos, and they both run very well on the MacBook.

You'll have a lot of fun, it seems like the MacBook and MacBook Pro were just made for this stuff.

🙂

Digital SLR with macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.