Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Windows 8.1 wifi not connecting

Hi, I'm usually happy with my Mac but today after I deleted Windows 7 and installed Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp, my network seems not working no matter what I try. And of course, it works perfectly on MacOs as well as on iphone and iPad.

When I'm using windows 8.1, my wifi is not able to connect to any network from the list. Like timeout connection error, it tries to connect but fails after ~1m.

The only thing I connected to was my iPhone, but with limited connection (means no internet). So I'm not sure if its really wifi or some other network driver maybe?

What I did so far:

- tried 3 versions of bootcamp (from 5.0 to 5.1), also one from autoupdate that runs on mac (windows support software)

- tried to install various broadcom drivers, nothing happend.

So far I tried a lot of drivers/bootcamps so maybe my case needs another solution?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 4:27 AM

12 replies

Apr 22, 2014 7:12 AM in response to Rocky908

Find your computer model/year here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634 and use the linked to Windows Support Software. Install the Support software from within Windows. You have likely tried so many drivers/configurations that you have an unstable/unknown configuration.

Next, in Windows set up wifi according to the Windows help. There is no need to reconfigure with different drivers after correctly performing the correct installation procedures with the correct version of the support software.

Help! Windows 8.1 wifi not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.