Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can´t activate the button to speed up clips

Hello! i see the little dinosaur icon but i can`t activate it when click on it. How do i make it work? Thank you!!!

MacBook Pro, Other OS

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 11:21 AM

9 replies

Apr 22, 2014 3:37 PM in response to ValeryG

Are you using the Adjust settings above the viewer? This is a new way of changing speed that was introduced in 10.0.3 and which works fine for me but apparently not for everyone.

The old way was to select Modify - Fast Forward (or Slow Motion). You can only select certain speed ratios but a slider should appear near the top of the clip which allows finer speed adjustment. have you tried this?

Geoff.

Mar 7, 2015 1:10 PM in response to ValeryG

(This is for iMovie 10.0.6 with Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite)

Some settings, including Speed Adjustments / Speed Editor are 'greyed out' when Wrapping Timeline is being used (checked). To uncheck, go to the top menu: 'View -> Wrapping Timeline".

Then once you click on the clip (in Timeline) to highlight it, you should be able to use the Speed button and Speed Editor.

Good luck ;-)

can´t activate the button to speed up clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.