Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new updated version of iMovie 10 won't let me open my previous files I created before the update today. I have a wedding that I'm trying to finish and deliver and now I can't because that file version won't open. I keep getting an error message

Hello,

Please help me figure this out. I'm very unhappy at the moment. I'm fustrated and don't have any idea how to revert to the original version before the update was done on iMovie 10. I NEVER hated APPLE until NOW!! I love APPLE products and apps so please help me stay in that mindset. So I worked on some movie projects when I got my macbook pro 6 months ago. I update reguarly. I saw the update prompt and honestly, I did not think I would have ANY issuess with opening my previous files that I created only a few months ago with this updated version.The new updated version of iMovie 10 won't let me open my previous files I created before the update today. I have a wedding that I'm trying to finish and deliver and now I can't because that file version won't open. I keep getting an error message and the iMovie app closes. Last night I saw the file and tried to open it but no luck. Error message came up again. I reboot and turned off my laptop for the evening and tried again just now but nothing!! I need that video. My job depends on it! I worked so hard on this wedding video and now it's lost and won't open. I work another job and don't have much time. I really don't want to start all over again. Please help me. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Fustrated APPLE customer

Jolly A. Rupp

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 1:08 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 1:54 PM in response to KarenSelena

I also have Jolly's problem. I found the iMovie 9.0.9 folder and tried to launch the older version of iMove. It would not launch. I removed all of the iMovie preferences from the Preferences folder, removed iMove 10 from the applications folder, and restarted my Mac. iMove 9.0.9 still won't launch and I can't access my videos created with the older version of iMovie. Is there a way to uninstall iMovie 10 and reinstall iMovie 9.0.9?

I am running Yosemitie on a iMac.

Paul

The new updated version of iMovie 10 won't let me open my previous files I created before the update today. I have a wedding that I'm trying to finish and deliver and now I can't because that file version won't open. I keep getting an error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.