Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF plot from OS X, then sent to iPhone/iPad -> error

Hi!

This is a tricky one. I am not sure if this belongs here or in iOS support, but I guess it is a OSX issue.

You can read an initial thread in this Autodesk forum, from where I jumped here looking for help.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac-General/Plotting-to-pdf-hides-some -layers-on-iPhone-iPad/m-p/4979434/highlight/false

The thing is whenever I plot an Autocad 2014 drawing to pdf, all the lines with a width smaller than 0.05mm disappear when viewing the pdf on an iPhone or iPad.

The pdf is displayed correctly on my Macbook Pro and on Windows computers. It is also printed correctly from my laptop. If the whole plot to pdf process is done on a windows computer, when you view the pdf on an iPhone there is no such issue. That's why I guess it is a OSX issue.

I have not tried any other software that produces cad or vector drawings that can produce the same effect, but this is a ver annoying issue because I have to use a different computer when I need to send drawings via email, just in case they are opened on an iDevice. I have not tried mobile devices other than iPhone or iPad, either

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

PDF plot from OS X, then sent to iPhone/iPad -> error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.