Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual screen

Hey guys,

I was wondering if is there any way to dual monitor using my Apple Tv and my macbook pro. So I could use (work) on my macbook pro the while I'm streaming movies from my laptop onto the Apple Tv?

Thanks very much in advance.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 6:39 PM

Basic AirPlay should allow for sending content from iTunes to the ATV.

Alternatively, use HomeSharing on the ATV to play content from the Computers option on the ATV menu.

3 replies

Apr 23, 2014 4:37 AM in response to diesel vdub

Hey there,

Thanks very much for the comment.

It helped me a little.

The thing is my Macbook pro has OS X version 10.9.2 , so when I stream it onto the ATV it send the entire screen to the apple, which doesn't allow me to work on it if I'm playing a movie or any sort of media such as Netflix, Youtube or anything from the web.

I wonder if is there anyway to open another desktop in the mission control and only stream the first desktop onto the ATV?

Thanks so much once more.

Apr 23, 2014 6:26 AM in response to joaowcardoso

joaowcardoso wrote:

The thing is my Macbook pro has OS X version 10.9.2 , so when I stream it onto the ATV it send the entire screen to the apple, which doesn't allow me to work on it if I'm playing a movie or any sort of media such as Netflix, Youtube or anything from the web.

That is because you are using mirroring, do not do that. Instead Extend the Desktop and move the content from the main display to the ATV display.

Dual screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.