Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro completly fried

I spilt tea on my macbook pro so i had a local guy look at it to see if its fixable. He told me that its completly fried. Nothing is saved. So my question is what do i do now. I dont have the money to buy a new mac right now. does apple have a trade in program. if so can i trade it in if it doesnt work. what about all of my things. Does iphoto connect with my itunes account? what about my bookmarks in google chrome? I didnt have any important files but what about the pictures that were on my desktop and not in iphoto?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 4:39 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2014 4:44 PM in response to aliciaweber

Apple has no trade-in program.

Most hard drives are reasonably well sealed and may be usable if removed from thr computer. This gadget allows you to attach a bare drive to another computer with USB ports to recover files:

NewerTech Universal Drive Adapter USB 3.0 - connects any 2.5", 3.5" or 5.25" drive

Many homeowners'/renters' insurance policies cover accident computer damage, replacng the computer less the usual deductible.

Apr 22, 2014 4:47 PM in response to aliciaweber

They have a recycling program but not a trade in on MBP's.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/22/reuse-recycling-ipad/

You might want to have the Genius Bar look at it. The eval is free, so it wouldn't cost you anything. It's likely to be a very expensive repair, but it wouldn't hurt to check. If you have homeowner's insurance you might want to give them a call as well. Maybe they'd cover some of the cost of a new one.

As for your files... if it's a Retina as your profile says, it's a solid state drive. You don't say what year it is, so I can't tell you for sure, but Other World Computing has an external housing for 2012 SSD's that might work for you. At least that way you could get at your stuff from another computer.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3ENVOYPRO/

macbook pro completly fried

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.