Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone won't register on computer turn on or charge

Hey Guys,

Huge problem, I wanted to switch back to my iPhone 4 after some time so I know its dead. Now it wont charge turn on or register on my itunes or my computer so I can't restore it that way. O and also my top lock button is broken.... what do i do??

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Have you tried different cables to get it to power on? With the lock button not working, that would prevent you from trying a hard reset by pressing and holding both the home and sleep/wake button at the same time for about ten seconds.

If that doesn't work, it's very possible it's hardware.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2014 8:28 PM in response to janeyk32

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. Have you tried different cables to get it to power on? With the lock button not working, that would prevent you from trying a hard reset by pressing and holding both the home and sleep/wake button at the same time for about ten seconds.

If that doesn't work, it's very possible it's hardware.

iphone won't register on computer turn on or charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.