Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to force ical to send email invites?

I am not an expert but here is what I think is happening.

I create a new calendar event.

I then add attendees that I want to invite.

The attendees e-mail address is what they have set up as their iCloud ID.

The attendees do NOT use iCloud as their calendar (FYI I have NO way to know this ahead of time).

Because the attendees are registered in iCloud instead of receiving an e-mail notification of the event the notification is just added to their iCloud calendar (which they NEVER check).

End result is that the people I have invited to the event NEVER see the invite.

I would like to be able to force the calendar app to send e-mail notifications and NOT use iCloud. However, I am using iCloud personally to sync my calendar between my iPhone and MacBook.

I think that if all the people I invite would go into their iCloud calendar and select the option to receive event invitations as e-mail and not as in-app notifications all would be good. It is just NOT realistic for me to require all the people I invite to events to make this change.

Thanks

Jamie

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 5:35 PM

There are no replies.

Is there a way to force ical to send email invites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.