Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everything on my ipod has been erased!! I updated it, then it told me to plug it in so i did. i plugged it in and then it synced by itself. i dont know what to do!!!

hello people

Recently i updated my ipod touch 5th gen to ios 7.1.1

after i did that it told me to connnect to it to itunes which i did.

then it synced by itself and then when it finished syncing, my ipod restarted and went to the start screen(the one u get when u just set up ur ipod)

Now i have lost over 8000 photos and 20 videos and other voice recordings and homework notes. Im thinking by it self syncing does that mean that it has overlapped the previous files?
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!?

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.1, Completely wiped of all files

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 1:55 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 2:29 AM in response to Lilsister1709

Restore from backuip

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Everything on my ipod has been erased!! I updated it, then it told me to plug it in so i did. i plugged it in and then it synced by itself. i dont know what to do!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.