Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK education discount?

Does anyone know what the educational discount is for the UK? And why do you have to go throught the equivalent of joining a secret society at Apple to find it out?

I don't know whether it is cheaper to go to my local school who will get me a macbook for minus VAT, keep my eye open for a refurbished one from the Apple store, or faff with Apple Education.

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 1:12 PM

Hi guapagirl --

Open Sesame: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/routingpage.html

😉

-- JDee
3 replies

Aug 29, 2006 11:18 AM in response to heltouk

Thanks guys,

To be honest I think I followed that link before and thought I had ended up on the regular site. I think £50 is a pretty measly reduction, so I'll order through the refurb site or via my local school where I work.

Shame Apple can't offer better discounts for students etc as I doubt many young (as opposed to ... ahem... more 'mature') under and post grads could go for a macbook at £700 rather than some Microsoft based lappy for half the price. Get 'em young would be a good long term marketing policy I'd have thought 🙂

UK education discount?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.