Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my GB Additional Content on other Mac?

Hi all

I downloaded the Additional Content Pack for GarageBand on my home Mac last night - I'd like to add it to my work Mac as I sometimes work on projects there too. I've tried digging out and copying all the files I could see and adding them to the same folders on my work Mac, but GB hasn't recognised them when I open it.

Is this the correct way to copy/move the Additional Content from one Mac to another, or will I have to re-download to do it properly? If so, willl I be charged again? I'd like to move my MainStage Jam Packs also if poss - so if anyone has a good solution for this I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks!

Ben

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 2:47 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2014 3:09 AM in response to Zerodeluxe

For the instrument library copying all missing files in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/ should work. restart the compoter after moving the instruments.

For the loops copy all missing files in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops.

You will need to rebuild the Loop index after adding the loops to the library. Use the "Loops" drop down menu in the Loop Browser.

User uploaded file

Is this the correct way to copy/move the Additional Content from one Mac to another, or will I have to re-download to do it properly? If so, willl I be charged again? I'd like to move my MainStage Jam Packs also if poss - so if anyone has a good solution for this I'd be very grateful!

But if you have a very good internet connection and can afford to download many Gigabytes again, you can install the additional content on your second mac by using the GarageBand menu item "GarageBand > Restore Purchase". It should install the content again from the internet.

What is your Main Stage version? if you bought it from the AppStore, restore it by downloading it again from the App Store "Purchased" tab or copy the app over.

To download the Jam Packs again on your second Mac, use the menu:

MainStage > Download additional Content

User uploaded file

Select to install all missing content.

-- Léonie

Apr 23, 2014 3:24 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the reply!

Those are the folders which I copied the files into - nothing showing yet in GB even after restart, but trying the re-index of loops now. Our internet connection here at work isn't great so the 14gb download would be tricky. It would probably be easier to take the iMac home!!

My MainStage is downloadable through the App Store, but again the downloading of content is the issue, so if I can successfully copy them over, that would be ideal.

Thanks again!

Apr 23, 2014 4:13 AM in response to léonie

Will do - didn't have time to copy that folder last night, so will give it a go this evening instead.

The indexing seems to have brought all the new loops in, so thank you for that tip, but the instrument library still isn't showing the copied files - might I have missed something there?

User uploaded file

It may just be easier to set the download overnight perhaps?

Apr 23, 2014 4:32 AM in response to Zerodeluxe

I just looked - the instruments in your screenshot are in my library installed in the "Logic" folder as well:

e.g.:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/Instrument/Drum Machine/Steely Beats.patch/

So try, if coying the Logic folder will bring these instruments back.

Just to be sure - the Mac has several "Library" folders. You have been looking in the Library folder directly at the top level of your system drive and not at the "Library" in your Home folder, right?

Using my GB Additional Content on other Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.