Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad will not install iOS 7.1.1

I've been attempting to install the iOS 7.1.1 update on my iPad since last evening but no go. It worked on my iPhone and iPod Touch. Are other people running into this problem, and is there a solution?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 3:31 AM

How are you trying to update? iTunes or WiFi? If you are using iTunes, temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software and them try again. If you were using WiFi, try using iTunes.

BTW.... An explanation of exactly what happens would you try to update would not be a bad idea.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2014 3:31 AM in response to dragyngrrrl

How are you trying to update? iTunes or WiFi? If you are using iTunes, temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software and them try again. If you were using WiFi, try using iTunes.

BTW.... An explanation of exactly what happens would you try to update would not be a bad idea.

Apr 23, 2014 3:50 AM in response to dragyngrrrl

Before you try using iTunes, try closing all of the apps on the iPad and reset the device. then try using the WiFi udpate again. WiFi is so much faster if you can get it to work.

In order to close apps in iOS 7, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Try the WiFi update one more time.

my iPad will not install iOS 7.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.