Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this problem covered by Apple if three years have passed?

Hi, Have not met anyone with this problem in ringing around, and I now have a couple of authorised service centers here in New Zealand to contact and see if they are able to chat to someone from Apple about the problem as upgrading to Mavericks seems to have made it worse, sometimes it is under a minute before it happens and other times it can be over an hour, so not looking good and mostly impossible to do any work.

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 3:30 AM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2014 5:02 AM in response to BobRz

Hi Bob,

Yes I have the mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro 6,2 - 2.66 i7 that has the frequent crashes and restarts since upgrading and was unaware that there were any hardware issues and there being no Apple Store here in NZ etc had not been able to seek the required test but will see if any of the service centers can assist.

The thread is great, thank you, I had a similar post previously but I cannot find it.
If I was aware of the three year warranty offer last year I would have certainly looked into it.

Cheers
Darren

Apr 23, 2014 5:30 AM in response to beautifulnz

Some users have definitely been offered free repairs, well after the 3 year period. Any AASP should be able to run the relevant test, although you may well need to speak to Apple yourself once there's a definite diagnosis.

http://www.apple.com/nz/legal/statutory-warranty/

A 'reasonable period' for an expensive, good quality computer might be considered more than 3 years ? .

Is this problem covered by Apple if three years have passed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.