11 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2014 1:02 PM by BDAqua
inge19 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an I Mac vs 10.6.8

My mac mail vs is 4.6

Summary of the facts:

1. I am able to receive all e-mails through MAC mail from everyone.

2. When I send e-mails through MAC mail, everyone gets it except a few people.

3. When sending e-mails There are no messages that indicate that it could not be sent. All of them appear as if it was sent.

4. Establishe a g mail with Apple Co and The same problems are occurring.

5. When I go through the OPTIMUM WEB mail, I have no problems. Everyone receive the e-mails.

6. When I go through the Google WEB mail, I have no problems.

7. When I use my husbands computer and I use his MAC mail, I have the same issues as on my computer. His MAC mail vs is 5.3

8. When I use my husband's computer and I go through Google WEB mail, the message goes through, and there is not a problem.

I have a CASE # with Apple, but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

Is there anyone that knows something about this. Thank you.

• BDAqua Level 10 (122,202 points)

That is very strange!?

Do the non-receivers have anyhing in common, like after the @ sign?

Are you mailing to a group, or using CC:, BCC:, etc.?

• inge19 Level 1 (0 points)

The non-receivers are verizon and Cox after @ sign.

I am not mailing to a defined group, only individually.

I am not using CC or BCC

Hmmm,

Open one that they didn't get but shows in the sent folder, use Mail's menu item View>Message>Show long Headers, is the TO: part exactly right there?

If you get an email from one of these, does using Reply work?

At the TO; the email address shows right there correctly.

When I do get an e-mail from them, I receive it fine, but when I re[ply, they do not get it.

Hopefully I answered your questions correctly.

You did good, trouble is it doesn't help us with what might be happening!

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

Then in Mail, select each Mailbox seperately, including the Sent boxes & vhoose Rebuil from Mail's Mailbox menu item.

I had done  a repair on my hard drive with Apple, but that did not seem to help.

I am not sure what you want me to do based on the description in your last sentence.

Apple said to me that they are still looking at this, but were actually unable to find anything wrong.

I am hoping that someone else may have the same experience and could tell me what to do.

Thank you.

See if this helps with the Rebuild, 1st highlight one Sent Mailbox, then choose Rebuild...

MailRebuild.gif

• s.fromgbr Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as inge19 - identical problem as she/he's described in the email chain above, in fact my email problem started at exactly the same time as his/hers did.

Did you solve their problem?

If yes, what should I be doing?

many thanks

Hi, havent heard if any progress was made, I suspect not since there's no reply.

It is now more than a month ago I responded because I went on a vacation.

Before I went on a vacation I tried 1st highlight Sent Mailbox, then click on rebuild....It did not seem to work!!!, but I did not have time to follow up.

I have come back from vacation and decided to try it again. I contacted the people who were not getting my macmail to see if it now worked and to my surprise everyone is getting my emails.

So, I don't exactly know what happened, but just in case it was the Rebuild procedure, I am very grateful it is fixed. Thank you very much.

Great to hear, tough to tell if it was the Rebuild or actually a problem on the other end of both Verizon & Cox.