Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with Mac mail - some people receive my e-mail and some do not

I have an I Mac vs 10.6.8

My mac mail vs is 4.6

Summary of the facts:

1. I am able to receive all e-mails through MAC mail from everyone.

2. When I send e-mails through MAC mail, everyone gets it except a few people.

3. When sending e-mails There are no messages that indicate that it could not be sent. All of them appear as if it was sent.

4. Establishe a g mail with Apple Co and The same problems are occurring.

5. When I go through the OPTIMUM WEB mail, I have no problems. Everyone receive the e-mails.

6. When I go through the Google WEB mail, I have no problems.

7. When I use my husbands computer and I use his MAC mail, I have the same issues as on my computer. His MAC mail vs is 5.3

8. When I use my husband's computer and I go through Google WEB mail, the message goes through, and there is not a problem.

I have a CASE # with Apple, but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

Is there anyone that knows something about this. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 5:11 AM

11 replies

Apr 24, 2014 2:14 PM in response to inge19

You did good, trouble is it doesn't help us with what might be happening! 😟

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

Then in Mail, select each Mailbox seperately, including the Sent boxes & vhoose Rebuil from Mail's Mailbox menu item.

Apr 24, 2014 3:56 PM in response to BDAqua

I had done a repair on my hard drive with Apple, but that did not seem to help.

I am not sure what you want me to do based on the description in your last sentence.

Apple said to me that they are still looking at this, but were actually unable to find anything wrong.

I am hoping that someone else may have the same experience and could tell me what to do.

Thank you.

May 30, 2014 11:36 AM in response to inge19

It is now more than a month ago I responded because I went on a vacation.

Before I went on a vacation I tried 1st highlight Sent Mailbox, then click on rebuild....It did not seem to work!!!, but I did not have time to follow up.

I have come back from vacation and decided to try it again. I contacted the people who were not getting my macmail to see if it now worked and to my surprise everyone is getting my emails.

So, I don't exactly know what happened, but just in case it was the Rebuild procedure, I am very grateful it is fixed. Thank you very much.

problems with Mac mail - some people receive my e-mail and some do not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.