Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off "cellular data is off for this app" notification.

I have cellular data OFF for certain apps. Is there a way to avoid the "cellular date is off for this app" message every time I open it? I KNOW it is off, I WANT it off. Painful.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 11:24 AM

RE: "Cellular Data is Turned Off for..." pop-up on iOS 8.0.2 (iPhone 5s)

I NEVER want to see this pop-up again. And, I do not wish to turn on Cellular Data for most of my apps. BY CHOICE. Stop popping me! Somebody please answer this question. I absolutely hate this pop-up. I am often in situations without my glasses - and this thing just drives me crazy! Can't see the right answer....push the wrong side "OK" versus "Settings". I hate it. I know what apps I want to have cellular data and which one's I do not! Stop the pop-up. Or lose me to another brand of phone. Period.

Please, person with lots of "levels" - answer this question! Help me turn the pop-up off. I am not going to compromise other essential things (like turn off bluetooth or just check "all" for cellular data service and know that it will go away. I want cellular data service for only a few things AND I never want to see this pop-up again.

Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2014 11:24 AM in response to mark bieri

RE: "Cellular Data is Turned Off for..." pop-up on iOS 8.0.2 (iPhone 5s)

I NEVER want to see this pop-up again. And, I do not wish to turn on Cellular Data for most of my apps. BY CHOICE. Stop popping me! Somebody please answer this question. I absolutely hate this pop-up. I am often in situations without my glasses - and this thing just drives me crazy! Can't see the right answer....push the wrong side "OK" versus "Settings". I hate it. I know what apps I want to have cellular data and which one's I do not! Stop the pop-up. Or lose me to another brand of phone. Period.

Please, person with lots of "levels" - answer this question! Help me turn the pop-up off. I am not going to compromise other essential things (like turn off bluetooth or just check "all" for cellular data service and know that it will go away. I want cellular data service for only a few things AND I never want to see this pop-up again.

Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.Stop the pop-up.

Dec 31, 2014 3:15 PM in response to mark bieri

It does that to me but sometimes if I leave the app right before it pops up it pops up when IM NOT USING THE APP. to me this is borderline ramsomeware mixed with nagging harassment tactics to force users to give the app permissions it wants. I don't know why these apps want cell acess when they don't need the internet to work but we shouldn't have our phones locked up by dialogue boxes telling us to turn on cell data or any other permission every time we use it. There should be a one time notification then no more for that app or future updated versions.

Turn off "cellular data is off for this app" notification.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.