Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center login required to access multiplayer?

I just recently got Borderlands 2, not from the Mac App Store, but from a friend who bought in on the mac app store and gave it to me. It starts up fine on my computer, however, whenever I click, "Launch Game" I get a message saying,

Game Center login required to access multiplayer

The requested operation could not be completed because local player has not been authenticated.

Then it gives me two options. To play Single Player, which leads me into the single player game, or Sign in with Game Center, which takes me to the Game Center app, and just stays there. No login or anything. The message in the game disappears but if I click "Launch Game" it gives me the same menu. I want to play multiplayer with my friends. So, what does this mean, and how do I get past it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 7:51 AM

I just recently got Borderlands 2, not from the Mac App Store, but from a friend who bought in on the mac app store and gave it to me.

It's a pirated app.

The Terms of Use for the Mac App Store/iTunes stores do not allow your friend to buy content and give it to other people. This is now stolen software that is encoded with your friend's Apple ID.

Delete the game and buy it for yourself with your own Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2014 7:51 AM in response to kojakjp

I just recently got Borderlands 2, not from the Mac App Store, but from a friend who bought in on the mac app store and gave it to me.

It's a pirated app.

The Terms of Use for the Mac App Store/iTunes stores do not allow your friend to buy content and give it to other people. This is now stolen software that is encoded with your friend's Apple ID.

Delete the game and buy it for yourself with your own Apple ID.

Game Center login required to access multiplayer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.