Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to create a word doc or excel in iPad Air

Is it possible to create a word doc or excel in iPad Air? Also is it possible to open or transfer documents from my computer to my iPad?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 6:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 6:54 AM in response to Abu1

Abu1 wrote:

Is it possible to create a word doc or excel in iPad Air?

Yes. you will need the appropriate apps to do that. some options:

• Apple's Pages and Number. These will create documents in their respective native formats, but can be exported in Word or Excel (among others) as needed. They will also import from those formats (with limitations)
  • MS has published Word and Excel fort the iPad, but in order to create of edit files, you need an Office 365 subscription ($99 USD per year, I believe)
  • There are a number of other apps available in the apps store that will also accomplish this for you.

Just be aware that regardless of the apps chosen, there will be limitations compared to Word and Exel for PC (I don't know of any app for iOs that can handle pivot tables, for example)

Abu1 wrote:

Also is it possible to open or transfer documents from my computer to my iPad?

Yes, several options, including syncing via itunes. However, you may fiond using a cloud service is more convenient. What you chose will depend on teh editing apps you use.I use DropBox and Box externsively, as well as iCloud (if you opt for Apple's apps). Skydrive would be your best option if you use MS apps.

Is it possible to create a word doc or excel in iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.