Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spoof sms apps

I am not pleased that Apple sells SMS spoofing apps in their app store. My kids iPhone got spoofed last night and the message sent by someone using the iphone number was considered harrassing and potentially violent in nature. The local police department called to verifiy if the phone number sent the text message and asked if the phone had been on them the whole time. My child answered the questions and the cop said he believed the phone had been spoofed. I did not understand what spoofed was so I called Verizon and 1)they have changed the phone's number and 2) I will get contacted with texting data this evening to share with the police. I have urged my child NOT share the new number and NOT to put it on facebook but I want to contact Apple and ask them not to SELL this type of App. Some of these SMS spoofing app's are free and some are up to $10 and for that amount of money you can get the police involved for sending out a harrassing sms. WHO NEEDS TO SEND OUT AN SMS that is dishonest and gets the police involved like our experience??? APPLE stop making money off this type of app!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 7:31 AM

2 replies

spoof sms apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.