Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I bypass modified asset warning

I want to burn the movie into iDVD as is, but if i let it update after a modified asset warning, i always lose the scene selection and I have to do it all over again. What can I do? I am using the good old iMovie 6, and iDVD 7.1.2

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), iOS 7.0.2, 10.7.5 OS -

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 7:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Marjorie Polack

There's a bug in iDVD regarding modified assets. It's best to start over with a new project. Then follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Do you know that when you have the movie as you want it in iMovie 6 all you need to do is close iMovie and drag the iMovie project file into the iDVD window to get the movie into iDVD? There's no exporting needed.

OT

How do I bypass modified asset warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.