Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

99 cent charge on my Credit card

I received a credit card charge for 99 cents, not $1, from iTunes. I did not order anything for 99 cents. Is this normal?

iTunes account

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 5:41 PM

I found four unauthorized transactions on my credit card from the iTunes Store. I disputed each of them. Since my American Express is linked to the iTunes Store, I contacted American Express and requested they block the iTunes Stores from using my credit card information so there can be no more transactions from that source. They did so and my problem was solved!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2017 5:41 PM in response to BonskiNevada

I found four unauthorized transactions on my credit card from the iTunes Store. I disputed each of them. Since my American Express is linked to the iTunes Store, I contacted American Express and requested they block the iTunes Stores from using my credit card information so there can be no more transactions from that source. They did so and my problem was solved!

May 12, 2014 8:50 PM in response to ed2345

Here is the gist of the article:

>> You might see authorization requests on your online statement. These requests aren't actual charges; they are tests to confirm that your payment card account is active and has available funds to accommodate transactions. Authorization holds are removed by your financial institution shortly after your purchase clears. The time it takes to remove authorization requests varies by financial institution.

To review the actual charges on your account, see your iTunes Purchase History. You will be asked to enter your iTunes account name and password. (You can only see Mac App Store web order details in your iTunes purchase history.) Your Purchase History will display your most recent purchases first. To view details of any purchase, click the arrow to the left of the order date. <<

But here's the thing: I've seen the charges on my credit card, with no reversal or credit. Just repetitive charges. Checking my itunes purchase history shows no such purchases.

I'm not really looking for an explanation because I don't think there is one other than Apple is inappropriately charging my credit card. Rather, I'm just looking for guidance on how best to go about resolving the dispute. Who should I contact at what address/number?

Anyone remember when Bill and MS were the big bad guys, and the mantra was "don't be evil" ... <s>, they seem like the "good old days" ...

Level 1. 0 points. Paying customer.

Apr 27, 2015 9:27 AM in response to edgetunes2

I have a recurring $0.99 charge, and finally remembered it was my wife's 20GB recurring monthly iphone icloud storage charge (~$0.99/mth for 20GB). Normally we buy everything through my itunes account, but the icloud storage was purchased straight from her phone (for her itunes account). However, the charge (more correctly invoice) doesn't show up anywhere in her itunes account (not even subscriptions).

Could this be your issue?

PS - settings>>icloud>>storage>>buy more storage ... to upgrade/downgrade/cancel icloud storage purchases.

99 cent charge on my Credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.