Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

white screen, apple logo, spinning wheel

When I hit the power button on my MacBook Pro , all I get is a white screen, the apple logo, and a spinning wheel .

And it goes on forever. I need everything on it. How do i fix this problem without erasing my Mac?

2012 Macbok Pro

13.3 Inch

2.5GHz

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 12:19 PM

Jaubee,

you can try this: boot your MacBook Pro into Recovery mode by holding down a Command key and the R key as it starts up. Once the OS X Utilities menu appears, select Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window, select your internal disk’s boot partition (typically called “Macintosh HD”). On the right-hand side, press the Verify Disk button if it’s not greyed out; if it is greyed out, or if it reports that errors were found, press the Repair Disk button. Once the verification/repair is completed, exit Disk Utility and select Restart from the Apple menu to restart in normal mode. Are you able to get past the white screen now?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2014 12:19 PM in response to Jaubee

Jaubee,

you can try this: boot your MacBook Pro into Recovery mode by holding down a Command key and the R key as it starts up. Once the OS X Utilities menu appears, select Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window, select your internal disk’s boot partition (typically called “Macintosh HD”). On the right-hand side, press the Verify Disk button if it’s not greyed out; if it is greyed out, or if it reports that errors were found, press the Repair Disk button. Once the verification/repair is completed, exit Disk Utility and select Restart from the Apple menu to restart in normal mode. Are you able to get past the white screen now?

white screen, apple logo, spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.