Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password on my email account because my email was hacked. I changed it in my iPhone and iPad also. I have access to my email account, I receive emails and can open them and read them. But I can't reply to any. It goes to my outbox.

Why can't I send an email from my iPhone or iPad since I changed my password because my email account was hacked?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 1:47 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2014 12:57 PM in response to Teresazubi

Hi Teresazubi,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you're not able to send from an iCloud email address on your iPhone, be sure to follow these troubleshooting steps from the article above (iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail):

1. Make sure that Mail is turned on in Settings > iCloud.
  2. Make sure that Push is turned on for your device in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then send an email to your account to verify that Push is working correctly.
  3. Make sure that Push is turned on for your iCloud account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. If you're using iOS 6, tap Advanced. Then Tap your iCloud account and make sure that Push is turned on. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts set up on your device, Push can be used only withone account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  4. Turn your device off and back on.

If the issue persists, turn off each of the settings in steps 4, 5, and 6 above, then turn them back on. If that does not help, follow these instructions to delete the iCloud account from your device, then add the account back:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  2. Tap your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Delete Account. If you store Contacts, Calendar, or Bookmarks data in iCloud, you will be given the option to keep that data.
  4. On the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen, tap Add Account, then tap iCloud to begin setting up your iCloud account again. If data from your device is stored in iCloud, you will be given the option to merge that data with the data on your device.

If you have an email account from a different provider, see the troubleshooting at this link:

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3899

All the best,

Jeremy

I changed my password on my email account because my email was hacked. I changed it in my iPhone and iPad also. I have access to my email account, I receive emails and can open them and read them. But I can't reply to any. It goes to my outbox.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.