Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't sync totally when Manually syncing

Hi all,

I have been manually syncing my content for as long as I have been using iDevices, and I have encountered a problem that seems to be exclusive to iTunes 11.

When I manually sync (to my iPhone 5S), either everything goes off without a hitch, or iTunes semi-freezes and nothing syncs. I say semi-freezes because I can still listen to music and move throughout tabs, but the sidebar that appears when content is dragged to the right of the screen stays there, doing nothing. I have to quit iTunes to get it to go away.

My latest problem: I added four new albums to my iPhone the other day. After syncing without a problem, I noticed two of the albums contained tracks names with errors in them. I deleted the nine tracks from my iPhone (via sliding to the right and selecting delete on the phone itself), corrected the names in iTunes, then tried to re-add them to my iPhone. Nothing happened. Only the songs I did not delete remained, the nine corrected ones were still missing. I deleted the entire two albums, and tried to re-add them entirely.

When I synced my iPhone (by clicking 'Sync' in the device panel in iTunes), the albums reappeared but only the nine tracks that I had corrected! The others (that were fine) will not re-sync.

In my iPhone's device panel (in iTunes), both albums in their entirety appear in the 'On this iPhone' panel but only nine songs are actually on the phone.

What is going on here? And how can I fix it? It's like iTunes is playing some trick on me.

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, iTunes

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 3:03 PM

This always happens. I found a work-around/semi-fix in a eureka moment about a minute after I posted this question.

In case anyone else has this problem, here is how I fixed it:

1. Delete albums/music/content that won't sync properly from iTunes library.
  2. Sync iPhone/device
  3. In 'On this [device]', the problem content should disappear. (In my case this was the two full albums that I wanted to sync, showed to be on the phone, but were not actually)
  4. Re-add content to iTune library.
  5. Drag content onto device.
  6. iTunes will sync and add content properly

I am certain the frozen/stuck sidebar will return though and I will run into this problem again (and again, and again....)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2014 3:03 PM in response to mikenaulls

This always happens. I found a work-around/semi-fix in a eureka moment about a minute after I posted this question.

In case anyone else has this problem, here is how I fixed it:

1. Delete albums/music/content that won't sync properly from iTunes library.
  2. Sync iPhone/device
  3. In 'On this [device]', the problem content should disappear. (In my case this was the two full albums that I wanted to sync, showed to be on the phone, but were not actually)
  4. Re-add content to iTune library.
  5. Drag content onto device.
  6. iTunes will sync and add content properly

I am certain the frozen/stuck sidebar will return though and I will run into this problem again (and again, and again....)

iTunes doesn't sync totally when Manually syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.