Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 7.1.1. It will put your phone into recovery mode!

Just a heads up. The update put my iphone 5 into recover mode in the middle of updating. Now I have to wipe my phone and reload from a recent backup. The same happened for my girlfriend's ipad.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 6:03 PM

19 replies

Apr 23, 2014 6:11 PM in response to Orangeagle

Hi Orangeagle,

How long did you wait when you saw the iTunes indicator before you started messing with your phone? The reason I ask is because if the phone was just going through the various processes it goes through to update, then you may have interferred with the update. Did you wait, say 20 minutes or so to see if the device was finished turning off and on, restarting, downloading, and installing?

I'm not trying to be snarky here. Just trying to figure out if a lot of this is not being caused by folks not letting the device go through the entire update process without interferring. I updated my phone today, and it turned off and back on at least twice, reset at least once, and then turned off at the end of the process for at least 5 mintues before my Home screen redisplayed, indicating that it was completely done. This is not abnormal. The device just needs to be left alone until it has completed the update, and I think many people are not letting that happen.

Would appreciate any info you can provide.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 24, 2014 12:12 AM in response to Orangeagle

My iPhone5 just did the same. It's stuck in recovery mode and tried to connect it to itunes to restore it but it says I need to get it out of recovery mode just to restore to factory settings. I have my question also posted on here.

Oh to add, I pressed the update button and agreed to terms, and walked away. Came back as it turned on and it showed the itunes icon. I didn't press anything to interrupt it or anything. I never do because I never want to interrupt the installation.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 7.1.1. It will put your phone into recovery mode!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.